Wednesday 16 April 2014

Spring edition!





With summer fast approaching I decided I needed to shake up my make up! Brighter lips & nails, lighter bases, fresh glowly skin and long lasting make up is on the agenda! 



These two bases are two of my favourite for this time of year. The Rimmel Wake me up foundation has been my favourite since this time last year, I love the luminous finish it gives me, feels so light. The other base is the Rimmel Matte BB Cream, this is slightly lighter, I feel it just smoothes everything out.  It also contains spf15 which is an added bonus.

L-R;Swatch of Soft & Gentle,swatch of Matte Bronze

I love all three of these products! The first is Mac Mineralize skinfinish in Soft and gentle, I love this on the apples of my cheeks or just as a simple highlight, it's gorgeous! To the left of this is Mac bronzing powder in Matte Bronze, I love this as a contour colour as it contains no shimmer, or as an all over bronzer to warm up my face, which I need in Spring/ Summer! Beneath that is Bare Minerals Orginal SPF 15 Foundation, I love this alone (after concealer), or to use very lightly as a setting powder. 


L-R; Afternoon Tea, Scandal,below that is Pink Lemondae 

I love blushes especially this time of year! The first blush is Topshop's cream blush in Afternoon Tea. This blush is wearable (even if it looks bright!), its super blendable, but dries to a powder. I definitely recommend Topshop's make up. To the left is a blush from Accessorize, in Scandal, its a gorgeous merged blush with rosy pink and gold highlight shade running through. I love to wear this on the apple of my cheeks and then use it as a highlight, it could be either! Finally, underneath is Elf's all over colour stick in Pink lemondae. I have to say this really does smell like lemonade! This is a cream blush but could also be used at a lip colour. This is a dark pink colour with gold/silver shimmer running through. 


L-R,top to bottom; Stila brow pen, Rimmel scandaleyes eyeliner, Bodyshop due & Maybelline Colour tattoo

With the weather getting warmer I like to use products with good longevity. The first product is Stila Stay all day brow colour in Dark. My brows are something I always try to perfect, not that it happens often! This brow pen is really easy to use, and does stay all day. I definitely recommend spending the extra money on this if you want your brows to stay all day. I find that nude eyeliner still gives the same effect as white eyeliner, but sometimes white can be a tad harsh. This stays pretty long aswell as being reasonably priced! Next is a Bodyshop due in Copper, I have blue eyes so I feel coppery/bronzey shades bring that out. These colours are gorgeous and work so well together. Finally, is a product that everyone went crazy for and I still love, its Maybellines Colour Tattoo in On & on bronze. This has great longevity and works great by itself or with other shadows over the top. 


L-r and top to bottom; Lush bubblegum scrub,Lush popcorn scrub,Sleek pout polish Peach Perfection, Bodyshop Pink grapefruit lip butter

As the weather gets warmer I focus on my lip care more, what with all the bright lip colour wearing!
One of my favourite products for this is from Lush, its the Lip scrubs, I have two in Popcorn and Bubblegum. With these, you put them on your lips and rub a little with your finger, then you can lick them off, yum! These do amazing things to your lips as well. Next is lip balms. First is Sleek's Pout polish with SPF15 in Peach Perfection, this smells so good, and leaves my lips feeling moisturised. Alternatively is Bodyshops Lip butter in Pink grapefruit, this smells just as good and leaves my lips feeling so smooth. 


L-r,Mac Coral bliss, Topshop Oh la la, Mac Please Me

Warmer weather, brighter lips! First is Mac's lipstick in Coral Bliss, this is a cremesheen finish, so perfect for keeping lips moisturised. This is a slightly coral/pink shade. Next is Topshop's lipstick in Oh La La, this is a brighter coral shade, almost an orange. This is hard to wear, but when you get it right, its gorgeous! Lastly, is Mac's lipstick in Please Me, this is a Matte finish, which can be drying, so you'd need to make sure your lips are moisturised beforehand.


Top to bottom; Rimmel Colour rush "Make me blush", Soap & Glory Sexy mother pucker in "Pink apricot", Soap & Glory Sexy mother pucker in "Yummy plum", Revlon Lacquer balm in "Demure".

First is Rimmel Colour rush in "Make me blush", this smells gorgeous and leaves my lips feeling moisturised. Lovely bright pink colour for the Spring. Next up is Soap & Glory Sexy mother pucker in "Pink apricot" and Soap & Glory Sexy mother pucker in "Yummy plum", this are lip plumbers, which isn't the most comfortable thing, but if you can get past this, they are lovely, gorgeous opaque colours. Lastly, is Revlon Lacquer balm in "Demure", this is a lighter option to wear, this isn't drying and is just a nice day to day pink shade.


L-r; Mememe highlighter not blended & blended

Next is some miscellaneous bits. First is MUA fixing mist, this is comparable to Fix+ by Mac or Urban Decays All nighter spray. I used this when I've finished my make up to stop me looking powdery (a problem with my dry skin), it also claims to make your make up last longer, and it feels so refreshing! Next is a beauty blender, I use this damp (sprayed with the MUA mist) I'll used it to blend in my foundation or sometimes my powder, I feel it gives a better finish than any brush can. Lastly is a new highlighter that I got in a Glossybox (read about it here-great concept!). This is a Mememe highlighter called Beat the Blues in "Pearl Pink", this is similar to Benefit High beam. I like using less powders in hotter weather, so this product is brilliant. I'll use it at the tops of my cheek bones, down my nose or above my cupids bow, leaves a lovely sheen to the face. 


L-R; Maybelline Colour show in " Coral Craze", Ciate Paint pot in "Cocktail dress", Maybelline Colour show in "Nebline"

First is Maybelline Colour show in " Coral Craze" this is a gorgeous true coral shade, the colour show shades are really opaque and go on perfectly. Next is Ciate Paint pot in "Cocktail dress", this is a lovely dark pink shade, again goes on lovely. Finally is Maybelline Colour show in "Nebline", this is an alternative to the bright shades, this a gorgeous pale pink shade, like the other Colour show it goes on perfectly. 



I hope you enjoyed reading!
Rosie
xxx






















No comments:

Post a Comment